Trump assembles a made-for-TV impeachment defense team In fight vs corruption, Duterte now points to Ayala, MVP companies as ‘big fish’ Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Report: Disney dropping the ‘Fox’ from movie studio names ‘High crimes and misdemeanors’: Trump impeachment trial begins Volcano watch: Island fissures steaming, lake water receding Palace OKs total deployment ban on Kuwait OFWs “Rachel was really eager to win this game for us, she played in beast mode and carried the team,” said Cignal head coach Edgar Barroga.“We came in a bit relaxed because our opponents are already out of contention but we realized we cannot afford to lose this game because we might blow our opportunity for the outright semifinals.”Mylene Paat had a game-high 16 points for the HD Spikers while Daquis added 15.Alexandra tan had eight points to lead the 1-3 Asset Managers.ADVERTISEMENT The HD Spikers finished the eliminations with a perfect 4-0 record and will have a one-week break while waiting for their opponents in the knockout semifinals.After walking through the first two sets, the HD Spikers hit a snag in the third and trailed the Asset Managers 15-11.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkSPORTSTim Cone still willing to coach Gilas but admits decision won’t be ‘simple yes or no’Cignal, however, quickly erased the deficit with a 10-4 run to take a 21-19 lead.Captain Rachel Daquis then launched the final blow, a back row kill, that finished off the match and sent the HD Spikers one step closer to the title. Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Lacson: Calamity fund cut; where did P4 billion go? Cignal took the shortest route to the semifinals after taking a clean sweep of Cocolife, 25-21, 25-21, 25-22, in preliminaries of the Philippine Superliga Invitational Conference Saturday at Muntinlupa Sports Centre.ADVERTISEMENT Bato wants to revive prison boxing Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award LATEST STORIES Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew MOST READ Putin’s, Xi’s ruler-for-life moves pose challenges to West View comments
Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Tom Brady most dominant player in AFC championship history Reyes coached the Talk ‘N Text franchise from 2008 to 2012 before being tapped to handle the Philippine men’s national basketball team twice from 2012 to 2014 and from 2016 to 2018.The KaTropa have won only two titles and have had four different coaches since Reyes’ departure. Bong Ravena is currently the team’s head coach with Mark Dickel as consultant. Ginebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup title Dak Prescott, Cowboys push past Seahawks for wild-card win MOST READ Chot Reyes. Photo by Tristan Tamayo/ INQUIRER.netChot Reyes on Sunday dismissed a report that he is back with TNT, a team he guided to four PBA championships.In a tweet, Reyes refuted the report that said he “will serve as advisor” for the KaTropa in the coming 2019 PBA Season.ADVERTISEMENT Ginebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup title Will you be the first P16 Billion Powerball jackpot winner from the Philippines? In fight vs corruption, Duterte now points to Ayala, MVP companies as ‘big fish’ View comments Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil …(2/2) 2. Contrary to published reports, I am not part of @theTNTnation in any official capacity. I was asked to facilitate a team session in their trng camp last week, just as I have been doing w other companies & even teams in the NCAA, MPBL, etc.— Chot Reyes (@coachot) January 5, 2019FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSJapeth Aguilar wins 1st PBA Finals MVP award for GinebraSPORTSGolden State Warriors sign Lee to multiyear contract, bring back Chriss Philippine Army to acquire MANPADS, self-propelled howitzers Gretchen Barretto’s daughter Dominique graduates magna cum laude from California college LATEST STORIES Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles01:32JoyRide execs deny using trolls to boost page reviews02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Japeth Aguilar wins 1st PBA Finals MVP award for Ginebra
Crime Chief Lyndon AlvesMore Police officers have been deployed to the county of Berbice to assist in the fight against crime where scores of residents are living in fear due to the high levels of robberies and murders occurring there on a regular basis.Deputy Police Commissioner and Crime Chief, Lyndon Alves in an interview with Guyana Times on Monday stated that the recent robbery of the Chinese supermarket on Saturday evening, where high-powered rifles were used, has left a number of residents terrified.“The residents in Berbice are concerned about the crime, most particularly, the last one where it is alleging that high-powered rifles were used. So as a result, additional resources were deployed to aid in the fight there,” he explained.At least three persons were badly beaten during that robbery which occurred at Albion, Corentyne, Berbice, where it is alleged that the perpetrators were armed with an AK-47 rifle.The Crime Chief explained that many persons believe crime is on the increase due to the levels of reporting on the issue but contended that according to police statistics, crime is actually decreasing in that region.“You see, persons are linking the increase in crimes based on what they are aware of but we are looking at the statistics and based on our statistics, we do not have an increase per se in crime in Berbice… so additional resources were deployed to aid in the fight there along with the ranks of Berbice from Georgetown.”Meanwhile, in relation to the Chinese supermarket robbery, no arrests have been made.On Saturday last, around 21:30h, the proprietors of a Chinese supermarket in Albion, Berbice, along with customers, were robbed after two masked men armed with an AK-47 rifle and a small handgun invaded the business establishment.When police ranks arrived at the robbery scene, the gunmen fired multiple shots at the vehicle, resulting in the officers having to shield themselves while running for cover to avoid being hit by the bullets that were fired in their direction.The ranks did not have time to return fire and the bandits made good their escape on foot with their loot.On May 5, three bandits, two of which were armed with guns, shot, robbed and beat a money-changer at Springlands, Corentyne, Berbice. They escaped with $500,000 in local, US and Surinamese currencies.In April last, three gun-wielding bandits invaded the Indra Grocery and Beer Garden in Canefield, East Canje, Berbice, and robbed the owners and about 22 customers of a quantity of jewellery, cash and cell phones before stealing a customer’s car to escape.
Leyton Orient chief Kevin Nugent 1 Kevin Nugent has revealed he has been named Leyton Orient manager on an interim basis.Nugent, who was Russell Slade’s assistant until his departure for Cardiff last month, says he was handed the role by the club’s Italian owners last Friday.Speaking to the Ilford Recorder, the 45-year-old said: “It’s been business as normal since this whole situation has arrived.“It’s slightly different now because on Friday I signed an amendment to my contract which gives me a role to manage the team on an interim basis.“I have been given the role as interim manager and my contract has been amended to that. That was signed on Friday before the Sheffield United game so I am very happy about that.“The players didn’t know the whole situation. It’s been ongoing and I spoke to the press (after the match), but I didn’t want to take anything away from the players’ spirited performance so I didn’t want to speak about my own situation because there has been enough about it.“The main thing for me is to focus on getting us climbing up the league table.”The O’s are currently 22nd in League Two and host MK Dons on Saturday.
Neil Ashton was joined by Matt Scott and Andy Dillon to cast their eyes over the main sporting stories.They look over the weekend’s Premier League action, including Jamie Vardy’s sending off in Leicester’s draw with West Ham, Aston Villa’s relegation, and who should win the PFA Player of the Year award.Listen above or click here to download the podcast from iTunes
Laura Doherty from Kilmacrennan took this hilarious video where she teaches her Canadian friend that ‘póg mo thóin’ is actually an archaic Irish blessing ‘from the spiritual times’ which means a thousand blessings.Paddy and Laura tell Chelsea that it’s disrespectful if the arm is not flicked properly while saying it!Video Playerhttps://www.donegaldaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/video-1479484090.mp400:0000:0001:15Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume.At the end Chelsea discovers to truth and doesn’t believe Paddy when he tries to teach her to introduce herself as gaelige! We predict that Chelsea will get them back by teaching them something similar in Quebecois French!Laura , who now lives in Canada, has started a blog in which she documents her adventures in Montreal. To check out her blog, follow this link: https://irishgirlinajewishworld.wordpress.com/DDTV: Donegal girl teaches her Canadian friend something cheeky in Irish… was last modified: November 20th, 2016 by Elaine McCalligShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:DDTVFunnyirishirishgirlinajewishworldvideo
MESA, Ariz. — A’s manager Bob Melvin is going to have a little bit more thinking to do with his lineups this year.Melvin’s lineup was pretty much set late last season as the A’s made a playoff run that led to a Wild-Card appearance. The major change by the end of the campaign came in the leadoff spot with Nick Martini against right-handed pitchers and Ramón Laureano against lefties. That won’t be the case in 2019 partially because of the departure of Jed Lowrie, whose absence has opened the …
The Copa America, the world’s oldest competition among national soccer teams, will be played in Brazil in 2019, taking the tournament back to South America after this year’s centennial edition was organised by first-time hosts the United States.On Sunday, Chile defeated Argentina 4-2 in a penalty shootout, winning its second straight title in the tournament, reports Efe.Brazil last hosted the tournament in 1989, winning the trophy, South American Soccer Federation, or Conmebol, president Alejandro Dominguez said.This will be the fifth time that the Copa America is played in Brazil, which hosted the event in 1919, 1922, 1949 and 1989.The South American soccer powerhouse has won the title eight times.In 2012, the Brazilian Soccer Federation, or CBF, approved an agreement that awarded Chile the 2015 Copa America hosting rights and assigned the 2019 tournament to Brazil.Brazil hosted the FIFA Confederations Cup in 2013, the World Cup in 2014 and is the site of the Summer Olympic Games this summer.
Rice industry paralysis Improved 2nd half display not enough as Azkals bow to Syria anew MOST READ Duterte calls himself, Go, Cayetano ‘the brightest stars’ in PH politics Leo Austria, SMB wary of ‘more experienced’ Hotshots ahead of PBA Finals rematch PLAY LIST 01:33Leo Austria, SMB wary of ‘more experienced’ Hotshots ahead of PBA Finals rematch01:28’Walang bigayan’: Expect all-out war between sister teams Magnolia, San Miguel00:50Trending Articles02:11Makabayan bloc defends protesting workers, tells Año to ‘shut up’03:07PH billiards team upbeat about gold medal chances in SEA Games01:38‘Bato’ to be ‘most effective’ CHR head? It’s for public to decide – Gascon02:07Aquino to Filipinos: Stand up vs abuses before you suffer De Lima’s ordeal01:28Ex-President Noynoy Aquino admits contracting pneumonia00:45Aquino agrees with Drilon on SEA games ‘kaldero’ spending issue San Miguel Beer will stick it out with John Holland when the Beermen clash with TNT for the last twice-to-beat privilege in the quarterfinals of the PBA Governors’ Cup.This is the latest development—or lack of it—in the San Miguel camp after a fight broke out among original import Dez Wells, Fil-American center Kelly Nabong, and Arwind Santos and Ronald Tubid.ADVERTISEMENT Duterte officials’ paranoia is ‘singularly myopic’ LATEST STORIES The PBA has yet to sanction those players for what happened, with PBA commissioner Willie Marcial, after talking to San Miguel sports director Alfrancis Chua, awaiting the penalties that San Miguel will impose on its players before the league makes a move.The winner of the 7 p.m. match at Ynares Center in Antipolo will advance as the No. 4 seed and will play the loser in the first round of the playoffs, needing to win just once to advance.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGreatest ever?SPORTSFormer PBA import Anthony Grundy passes away at 40SPORTSSan Miguel suspends Santos, Nabong, Tubid indefinitely after ‘tussle’ in practiceIn the 4:30 p.m. game, Alaska guns for the eighth and last quarterfinal spot when it battles NLEX.The road Warriors have nothing riding in this game as they would end up with the franchise’s No. 1 seeding no matter the result. Drilon apologizes to BCDA’s Dizon over false claim on designer of P50-M ‘kaldero’ NLEX will also have the eighth seeded team as its quarterfinal foe.Wells has been sitting it out for a number of games now reportedly because of an injury. The scuffle happened Sunday at The Upper Deck gym during practice.Holland was unimpressive in his first game, which resulted in a 91-85 loss to ousted Rain or Shine last week.ADVERTISEMENT What’s behind the display of Chinese flag in Boracay? Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Matteo Guidicelli had saved up for Sarah G’s ring since 2014? Ethel Booba on SEA Games cauldron: ‘Sulit kung corrupt ang panggatong’ Priority legislation in the 18th Congress Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. View comments
Former New Zealand captain Brendon McCullum has called time on his Big Bash League career and will play his final match in the tournament on Friday.McCullum has decided against renewing his contract with the Brisbane Heat. His last match will be against the Melbourne Stars on Friday.The 37-year-old told his teammates about his decision after scoring a half-century in Brisbane’s 6-wicket win over Adelaide Strikers on Sunday.”I will continue to play T20 cricket in 2019 in various competitions around the world and will then look to transition into a coaching career,” McCullum said in a statement.”The prospect of being able to transfer the skills, experience and leadership I have been lucky enough to bank over my long T20 and also international career into coaching is very exciting.”I have absolutely loved playing for the Heat. The fans have been amazing with their support and I have enjoyed seeing the pleasure they get from coming to our matches and having fun.”I’ve had a great time playing with my teammates, and it was a privilege to captain them. Coming into Brisbane each year before the start of the competition was always a highlight.”Being a part of the BBL has been a special part of my career. Having been there at the start, and then seeing it grow and evolve into one of the best T20 competitions in the world has been great to be part of.”I think the BBL will get stronger and better from here too as everyone becomes more comfortable with the format and the clubs continue to be bold in their planning and preparations,” McCullum said in a statement.advertisement.@bazmccullum42 has called time on his @bbl career and will play his final game at the Gabba this Friday. We love you Baz #BringTheHeat #BBL08 pic.twitter.com/QS6vJH9gL1Brisbane Heat (@HeatBBL) February 3, 2019The match at Adelaide also witnessed a superb fielding effort from McCullum and Ben Cutting in the 15th over of the first innings.The duo tried to pulls off a nearly-impossible catch at the boundary ropes but were unable to do so. Their effort however, was lauded by the fans and commentators.SO CLOSE! Brendon McCullum and Ben Cutting just pulled off the greatest non-catch ever! Can we count it anyway? @BKTtires | #BBL08 pic.twitter.com/ghdvLVmL6Bcricket.com.au (@cricketcomau) February 3, 2019″I actually messed it up, I probably should have stood on the rope and caught it cleanly but I thought it was actually going to fall short. I caught it and then threw it up but I knew it was six. But it was close.”It was a little bit of spectacular work from Cutts as well. But always knew it was six,” McCullum said.McCullum has so far scored 920 runs in 34 matches in the BBL since 2011 at an average of over 27 with 9 half-centuries to his credit.Also Watch: